POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray goes to the movies : Re: POV-Ray goes to the movies Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray goes to the movies
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 8 Sep 1999 20:44:43
Message: <37d702fb@news.povray.org>
Matt Giwer <mgi### [at] giwersworldorg> wrote in message
> (128M, Win98, POV 3.1) machine only the most complex internal
> reflection scenes (a "city of glass" for example) fall below 24
> pixels per second.

Not quite:  the pixels/second number displayed in the status bar of POV-Win
doesn't take into account supersampling.  A simple scene (the close-up of
the jar of pencils at http://www.dlugosz.com/POV/dryad_dreams.html about
half way down the page) was showing 78PPS while working, but was taking 8
times longer than I would have supposed to finish one row.  Result was
actually closer to 11 pixels/second of =result= pixels in the final image.

--John